Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Miss Happ's Beach Betties and tiki honeys

So, last friday was D day for our latest Miss Happ shoot - a two fold day as I was wanting to do some location shots to promote the Miss Happ Vintage Studio as well as get some cool pics to show off my new Miss Happ hair clips and broaches that I have been working hard at over the past few weeks!

I decided to take the bull by the horns and shoot everything myself. I love photography and taking cool pics and with a dad who is (amoungst other things!) a photography lecturer how could I not give it a go?!

It was the first time I have done any kind of fashion shoot - until now I have been lucky enough to work with some great friends who have helped me out along the way with my Miss Happ shoots; Theunis Stofberg from F8, Clare Foxcroft-Williams from Sweet Nausea and Renate Liev from Photo-Boudoir have done some fab photos for Miss Happ, but it was my turn to give try...a big step for me...

I worked with Miss Carle who modelled for me on the day and her hair was done by my friend Sylvi from Cherry Make-Up. We bundled ourselves up and went down the Kelp Baai - one of the little beaches which kinda forms part of Bloubergstrand - and with a perfect view of Table Mountain and a beautiful clear autumn day what more could we have asked for?! 


Miss Carle was very brave as it was slightly chilly in the morning, but she didn't seem to need much coaxing to get into her cute 50's style swimsuit later on in the day - it looked devine on her! 


 

The Pic below reminds me so much the iconic Betty Page photos on the beach.. so
unintentional - although I think it came out so well!


 In the afternoon we changed location and went back to Sylvi's house to
make use of her huge awesome banana trees for our background - we wanted
that tiki island girl vibe...

 

So girls! If you like what you see and you want to pretty yourself up with our cute Miss Happ
hair clips and accessories, please make sure you go to our SA online store
by clicking on the below link :-)


1 comment:

Die Skatties get an Elizabeth Taylor Pin Up make over!

The relationship between mother and her daughter is so special. Celebrate this special relationship on The Skatties on VIA TV at 17:30 for...